If this show had a mantra, it might be "People buy from people, not brands."
I've certainly said it enough times
because I believe firmly in the power of selling H2H, human to human.
I've seen solopreneuer stores try so hard to make themselves look bigger than they are, and we see right through it.
Hey, I did the same thing when I started my own business eight years ago.
But one of the turning points that leveled up our business was when I got out in front of as the face of the brand.
It's something I've seen as a common characteristic of successful online brands
And today's guest does a great job at it.
He was on our show last summer as well after moving his store onto Shopify and experiencing explosive growth after a successful free plus shipping campaign.
Now he's back to update us how his business grown in the last year through his personal video content marketing
Joining us today is Beav Brodie from Tactical Baby Gear.
Beav developed Tactical Baby Gear and brought it to market in 2013 using Instagram as a platform to promote and sell it initially. He came from a 15 year career as a custom car builder and knew some, but very little about e-commerce, and had to learn everything on his own
The results have been extraordinary
- Beav’s approach to video
- Why you shouldn’t sell directly
- How to know what content to provide
- Why it builds trust & loyalty
- Why you should build a reputation, not a personal brand
- What you need to get started
- How to keep it real (and why it matters)
- Why you need to get out of your own
- What gear to use (and why you should buy a mic first)
- Beav’s answer to the number one question he gets to work/life balance
I want to send you a sample chapter of Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free.
Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com