Paul Jarvis joins us to explain why he believes the real key to richer and more fulfilling work could be to not create and scale something into a massive corporation, but rather, to work for yourself, determine your own hours, and become a (highly profitable) and sustainable company of one.
Paul is the author of Company of One: Why Staying Small is the Next Big Thing For Business. He’s worked with professional athletes like Steve Nash and Shaquille O’Neal, corporate giants like Microsoft and Mercedes-Benz, and entrepreneurs with online empires like Danielle LaPorte and Marie Forleo. Currently he teaches popular online courses, hosts several podcasts and develops small but mighty software solutions.
Find out Paul's answers to:
- What are some specific prompts that will help us question growth (so that we’re not blindly growing)?
- Do you think the philosophies of “staying small” can reinforce self-limiting beliefs? Could it be holding someone back from their potential? Can upper-limits actually be a good thing?
- Why is resilience so important for companies (or companies of one)?
Tune in for more details!
Share your thoughts
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Kurt up to?
Grow Your Store in 2018
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.
- Prefer to DIY? Read a free sample chapter of Kurt's book Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free. Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com
- Learn what's Shopify Plus got that regular Shopify doesn’t?”