Today we're hearing from the co-founder of Cowbucker, inventor of "the Bucker," a hat that's part trucker lid and part cowboy brim. According to them, it's "probably mankind's greatest invention."
Here's the wild part: they have sold close to 50,000 of them since launching in October 2014.
In today's episode, Derek shares his journey with us, and tells what he's learned along the way.
We'll find out:
- How they sold their 144 units as their first order... with only a prototype
- The unfair advantages that propelled their early success
- After that initial success, how they scaled by repeating the same success
- Derek's advice for running a successful Kickstarter
- How Cowbucker drove traffic to their Shopify store
Tune in for more details!
- Cowbucker - Use code KURT25 to get 25% off your Cowbucker hat. (Good from 10/9/18 to 10/16/18)
- Kickstarter Campaign: Cowbucker Presents the Bucker
- Book Recommendation: Traction by Gino Wickman
- Book Recommendation: Marketing That Works by Leonard M. Lodish
- App Recommendation: Tidio
Share your thoughts
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Kurt up to?
Grow Your Store in 2018
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.
- Prefer to DIY? Read a free sample chapter of Kurt's book Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free. Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com
- Learn what's Shopify Plus got that regular Shopify doesn’t?”