When starting an ecommerce store, it generally happens in one of two ways:
- You find a pain or problem in your life and realize you can solve it. And that becomes your first product.
- Or you want to try ecommerce, then brainstorm a dozen ideas to try.
Corey Wright has turned the latter into a science.
Corey started a digital marketing company with his brother in 2005 that focused on helping to recruit and license real estate agents throughout the United States and Canada.
In May of 2016, he and his brother Casey got the itch to start an e-commerce store to see what they could learn about selling physical products online that may help them better sell their real estate services online.
Over a weekend, they launched a store selling Donald Trump bobbleheads, which quickly grew much larger than they expected.
Fast forward three months, they had a full blown e-commerce business, processing over 5,000 orders per month with every part of the supply chain accounted for. In just 7 months, their e-commerce sales accounted for nearly 2/3 of their 2016 revenues and grossed more than $3M in sales.
Currently, they continue to run their real estate services business but place a much heavier focus on growing the e-commerce side of their business.
Download the Free PDF Transcript & Notes
BONUS: Want to download this episode as a PDF transcript with links and notes included?
- How to approach vendors on Alibaba
- How they tackled customer support issues when a product is delayed
- How they come up with ideas for new stores and products
- The metrics Corey uses to determine if a store is successful
- His tips for PR wins
- The stresses Corey faced in growing their business, and what they learned
- Perpetual Traffic by DigitalMarketer
- Upsell Hero
- Download the show notes, instantly & free.
I want to send you a sample chapter of Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free.
Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com