Let me warn you now: you'll want to have a notepad ready before listening to this episode, because it may be our most actionable ever.
Peter Friis is CEO and co-founder of ESSIO, the world's first aromatherapy diffuser for your shower.
He recently had a major breakthrough in their conversion rate by designing an entirely new landing page using industry best practices and directing traffic to this page instead of their website.
A 665% lift in add to carts and 494% lift in conversion rate overall.
This was great until they ran out of all their stock (because their CPAs were so low).
They decided tp take the same landing page and convert it into a crowdfunding page where people could effectively get in line (and get a great discount) by pre-ordering. Mind you, they did this all outside of Kickstarter and without the framework of a traditional crowdfunding platform.
Over the course of 3 months, they sold more than $200K worth of product and were nearly sold out again when their new inventory arrived.
On today's show, we dive into Peter's story and the ins & outs of what they did and how others can replicate their success.
- How they came up with the idea as a family
- Peter's method for validating the idea for $100
- How he gets so much PR, and how to create the perfect pitch
- How we got his product on Good Morning America
- The breakthrough that enabled his Facebook ads success
- The elements of a successful product video
- And finally, the techniques that 5x'd their conversion rates
I want to send you a sample chapter of Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free.
Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com