You already know the importance of sharing your brand’s story. I've told you over & over on this show, "People buy from people, not brands." Your story is the ultimate way to create an emotional connection with your customers so that they not only become raving fans, they share your story with their friends.
Unfortunately, no one tells you HOW to write your story. Worse yet, most marketing experts don’t even know what a story is. Our guest today demonstrates this to hilarious effect on yours truly.
Michael Jamin has been a professional sitcom writer since 1996. His many credits include Just Shoot Me, King of the Hill, Beavis & Butthead, Out of Practice, Wilfred, Rules of Engagement, Brickleberry, and Tacoma FD. He’s also served as Co-Showrunner/Executive Producer of Maron, Glenn Martin DDS and Rhett & Link’s Buddy System.
In his spare time, Michael runs marketing for TwirlyGirl, a unique line of girls clothing started by his wife, Cynthia. By applying his sitcom writing and producing skills to their marketing videos, Michael has helped grow TwirlyGirl into a multi-million dollar brand.
We'll find out:
- How Micheal went from Hollywood to Ecommerce
- The branding mistake we all make starting out
- How to tell your story
- What IS and ISNT story?
- Elements of a great brand story
- The importance of details to your story
- How to find your brand’s unique voice.
- How to craft entertaining Product Descriptions
- What to do if you
- Why video quality isn’t nearly as important as writing quality.
Tune in for more details!
- TwirlyGirl - A unique line of girls clothing started by Michael's wife, Cynthia
- Michael's Guide to eCommerce Branding - For those who want to improve their storytelling skills.
- Cardboard Rocketship - A boutique marketing agency that specializes in creating funny videos that sell.
Share your thoughts
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Kurt up to?
Grow Your Store in 2018
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.
- Prefer to DIY? Read a free sample chapter of Kurt's book Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free. Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com
- Learn what's Shopify Plus got that regular Shopify doesn’t?”