Everyone loves promise of SEO, content marketing, and blogging– Do it right and you get an endless supply of free qualified traffic to your site. Do it wrong, and you get nothing.
Unfortunately, a majority of content marketing plans end up falling flat with only a few truly succeeding enough to just the investment.
So what's the difference? What are the majority of us doing wrong?
In this episode, Nat Eliason, former head of Growth at Sumo and the founder of Growth Machine, talks to us about what’s working in content creation, how to create a strategy, and whether you should even do it at all.
What he does (and doesn’t do) will surprise you– This episode is filled with contrarian ideas that will turn what you thought you knew about content marketing and SEO on its head.
We'll find out:
- What types of businesses can succeed with content marketing?
- What’s the minimum investment for quality content marketing?
- The most common mistakes people make with content marketing
- Nat's simple strategy for improving your blogging today.
Tune in for more details!
- Growth Machine - Nat's SEO Content Marketing consultancy
- Nat's blog
- Cup & Leaf, Nat's tea shop
- The Wiki Strategy
- Dr. Axe - Examples of great content
- The Proven Formula for Doubling Your Blog Traffic in 3 Months Without Creating New Content - Nat's ahrefs article
- 4 Steps to Building a Traffic-Generating Content Machine
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
- Ahrefs - Nat's favorite tool
- Growth Machine Blog
Share your thoughts
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Kurt up to?
Grow Your Store in 2018
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.
- Prefer to DIY? Read a free sample chapter of Kurt's book Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free. Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com
- Learn what's Shopify Plus got that regular Shopify doesn’t?”