Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are no longer the stuff of science fiction. Apple and Google's mobile operating systems already ship with software components to support AR, hardware prices for VR are rapidly dropping, and the industry is expanding.
VR, AR, and 3D is already here and even in use today by merchants on the bleeding edge of technology.
Soon 3D and virtual reality could be seamlessly embedded into your Shopify store.
(And it'll cost less than you think.)
In this episode, you'll hear about how AR & VR will change how we shop, and come away with inspiration on how these new technologies can provide more engaging experiences for their buyers.
Daniel Beauchamp, Shopify's Augmented and Virtual Reality team lead, joins us to discuss it. Daniel’s team explores how these technologies change the way we shop and run our businesses, both today and in the future.
- What's the difference between AR and VR?
- How is AR / VR going to change the way we shop?
- How will merchants be able to use this tech on Shopify?
- Are these technologies only consumer-facing? How can merchants use it?
Tune in for more details!
- Magnolia Market on the iTunes App Store - Built with the Shopify Mobile Buy SDK and ARKit, you can easily preview a selection of products in your home in incredible detail.
- Tapcart - Turn your Shopify store into an iPhone app
- Fashion Nova on the iTunes App Store
- Medium: Shopify VR - Experiments, thoughts, and lessons learned from Shopify’s VR team.
Share your thoughts
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings & reviews help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
What's Kurt up to?
Grow Your Store in 2018
- Apply to work with Kurt to grow your store.
- Prefer to DIY? Read a free sample chapter of Kurt's book Ecommerce Bootcamp, absolutely free. Tell me where to send your sample at ecommerce-bootcamp.com
- Learn what's Shopify Plus got that regular Shopify doesn’t?”